Thursday, November 10, 2011

First Solids!

  My goal was to exclusively nurse Elise until she was 6 months old but she's really been watching us eat lately and she'll be 6 months in 8 days anyways. In my opinion, we made it. :) We had to go to BuyBuyBaby last night anyways to get her a humidifier so I picked up some organic (of course!) rice cereal and some spoons. I was almost giddy as I was trying to scarf down dinner so we could feed her. Eric was the official videographer/photographer while I was the feeder. I followed the box's directions mixed 1T cereal with 3T breastmilk. She was not amused and cried and spit it out twice. So I added another T milk which made it pretty thin. I couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough! If I took too long she would start to cry. So she chowed down until the last 3-4 spoonfuls and she was done. She was a sloppy, cute mess with tears in her eyes by the time we were done. :)



Elise has had pooping issues for 3 months now and we were doing pretty well until the middle of October.  She has trouble getting it out and often screams before a fart comes out.  So she gets her "prune juice cocktail" twice a day and if she hasn't pooped in a few days I have to loosen her up "manually" (not fun).  By day 5 if she hasn't gone I give her a suppository which has no happened twice.  Today we are on day 3.  My mom pointed out last night that starting solids won't make the pooping any easier so I'm going to call the doc today and see what they say.  We may put a hold on the solids for now!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment